*this page is under construction*
Welcome to Berrycroft Class
Adults use effective strategies to help children to begin to write individual letters and sounds to build words and develop their early writing skills securely.
OFSTED February 2016
Berrycroft is a mixed class of pupils in Pre-School and Foundation. Our teacher is Miss Randall and she is supported by an Early Years teaching assistant. We have a bright, colourful and spacious classroom with good access to our outside learning space.
Term 1 -
The Foundation curriculum is organised into seven areas of learning and development.
Three prime areas:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
And four specific areas:
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
- >Our curriculum is based on the principles of the Early Years Curriculum.
- >Areas of our curriculum are linked through topic, where possible, to help children give meaning to their learning.
- >Learning is practical and active so that children receive a 'hands on' experience to develop their knowledge and understanding of new concepts.
- >All tasks are differentiated to ensure that children are challenged in their learning. There are some specific criteria for each year group - some children may exceed these and a few may find it difficult to reach the required standard.
How can you help?
Ask your child what they have been learning today at school - if they just say 'playing', ask them if they have used the computer, talked to a partner, counted etc.
Please listen to them read every day - little and often - it should be fun not a chore.
Help them with their spellings/phonics.
Praise independence, good manners, turn taking and listening skills.
Encourage learning maths using real-life contexts at home.
Tell us about any learning they have achieved at home and we can add this to their profiles (Reception only).
Let us know if you have time to help in school!
Keep Up To Date
We use Parentmail PMX to communicate with parents and carers.
We publish a newsletter every 2 weeks, click here to see newsletters from this school year.
OFSTED reported in February 2016 that we have...
a curriculum which provides children with interesting and stimulating activities.